In December we celebrated 75 years of service to our community. The banquet was held at the Johnny Appleseed restaurant in New Market.
The board of directors will meet on Thursday, February 9th at 7:30pm at Sunset Drive United Methodist Church in Broadway. The regular February meeting will be Monday, February 13th at 7pm at the rescue squad building in Broadway.
We will be collecting school supplies at the February meeting. Needed are: #2 pencils, 24 count crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks, markers, 1 1/2 -2 inch binders and tab sheets for binders.
Ruritan National is a civic service organization made up of local clubs in small towns and rural communities. Ruritan’s purpose is to make America’s communities better places in which to live and work. The slogan of Ruritan is “Fellowship, Goodwill and Community Service.”
Our objectives include:
- To promote fellowship and goodwill among its members and the Citizens in the community, and to inspire each other to higher efforts.
- To unify the efforts of individuals, organizations and institutions in the community in making it an ideal place in which to live.
- To work with these agencies that serve the community and contribute to its progress.
- To encourage and foster the ideal of SERVICE as the basis of all worthy enterprise.
- To create satisfactory understanding between farm and non-farm citizens, on the problems of each, as well as on their mutual problems.
Club Meeting Dates: Second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Broadway Rescue Squad in Broadway, VA. (The July, August and December Christmas Banquet Meeting dates and times are TBA at a place designated by the board of directors)
Board of Directors Meeting Dates: Thursday night preceding monthly meetings at 7:30 pm at Sunset Drive United Methodist Church in Broadway, VA